Announced during the 2015 Blizzcon event, Hearthstone has a new expansion called “The League of Explorers”, which like previous Hearthstone expansions, takes us abck into the World of Warcraft and follows the path of the Titans. Yes folks, we’re heading onto the trail of Uldaman!
New quests; The Temple of Orsis, Uldaman, The Ruined City and The Hall of Explorers, New Bosses, New Boards, Even More Class Challenges, a Legendary item, Heroic Mode and yes, new cards (45)!
- New Cards: The League of Explorers contains 4 wings packed with fiendish bosses, puzzling traps, and ancient mysteries for you to discover. When you overcome a boss or an encounter for the first time, you will earn brand-new cards for your collection!
- Legendary: When you defeat all the challenges in a wing for the first time, you will be rewarded with that wing’s legendary card – for example, Elise Starseeker!
- Class Challenges: The League of Explorers also includes nine all-new class challenges that task you with using a special pre-built deck to prove your skill. Succeed, and the new class cards are yours.
- New Game Boards: Immerse yourself in the adventure with all-new playing fields!
- Meet the League: Make friends with renowned explorer and fearless dwarven historian Brann Bronzebeard and the other members of the League of Explorers: dashing treasure hunter extraordinaire Reno Jackson, brilliant night elf scholar Elise Starseeker, and gentleman (gentle-fish?) murloc adventurer Sir Finley Mrrgglton!
- New Keyword: The League of Explorers introduces a new keyword that lets you do some digging of your own: Discover! Works kind of like Tracking, but the cards are totally random and are not in your deck. Spell cards will stay within their respective classes.
- Heroic Mode: If you’re ready for a challenge, you can try taking on the Heroic Mode version of any mission that you’ve cleared. This extra-tough game mode is designed for players eager to test their puzzle-solving skills against incredibly powerful opponents. Bring your best deck and your sharp wits.
And you won’t have ot wait long to get your hand on the new expansion, as it launches this week on November 12, 2015. You’ll be able to pick it up for $20 USD for the complete adventure, or 700 gold / $6.99 for each wing.