Wow, out of no where, Microsoft comes out and announces the Surface Book, a new laptop. Everything the company learned with the development of the Surface, put into the power of a laptop. I don’t think anyone expected this.
Featuring Nvidia GeForce GPU, Intel processor and has a 13 inch screen and supposedly 2x faster than the Mac Book Pro. Microsoft is also stating that the Surface Book will be able to provide up to 12 hours of battery life. Additionally the Surface Book is also 2 in 1 laptop, which lets you detach the screen or flip it down.
Expect more information on the laptop to be released soon.
Update: Pricing for the Surface Book starts at $1499 for Surface Book with 128GB storage, 8GB of ram, i5 and Intel HD graphics / $2.699 which includes a 512GB drive, 16GB of ram and an i7 processor and Nvidia GPU (unspecified).
Update 2: Specs compiled below:
- Windows 10 OS
- GDDR5 RAM
- Nvidia GeForce GPU
- 6th Gen Core i5/i7 CPU, no specific speed announced, Skylake generation?
- Detachable touch-screen
- Nvidia GPU which is built into the keyboard base/dock
- 13.5-inch display with a pixel density of 267PPI
- HDMI port
- Glass multi-touch track-pad
- 3 USB ports included
- Keyboard included w/ Surface Book
- Claimed 50% faster than the Macbook Pro
- Claimed 12-hour battery life