A few weeks ago, Cave let a huge cat out of the bag and announced that they would be bringing their award winning and fun to play shumps to the PC platform, via Steam. However we didn’t know is which game or games were coming, however there seemed to be subtle hints in the announcement. Well, today we know what the first title is and that’s Mushihimesama Futari. Yes fans, I know you’ve been asking for this title for a while now, well the wait is over!
Coming Winter 2015, Mushihimesama Futari will feature that traditional bullet hell feeling plus more:
- Explore a beautiful fantasy world rendered in stunning HD sprite graphics. 5 stages,
including an arid desert, lush forests, and a serene underground cave.
- Many different game modes, including:
◦ Normal Mode: A faithful port of the original arcade version. This is the first time
that the original arcade version has been localized outside Japan.
◦ Arrange Mode: A remixed version of the game with different enemy positions and
shot patterns for a completely new experience.
◦ Novice Mode: A version of the game tuned for newcomers and relaxed game play.
- Most of the game’s modes can be played in multiple difficulties, from the newbie
friendly Original to the notoriously difficult Ultra, which has a reputation as one of the
most challenging games of this type.
- Energetic soundtrack by famed composers Manabu Namiki and Masaharu Iwata. The
soundtrack will be available as a DLC.
- Online leaderboards and downloadable replays allow you to share your games or check
out the top scores.
- DLC: Mushihimesama 1.5 will be available as DLC. This is another remixed version of
the game that was previously available only to a select few players who had first-edition
copies of the Xbox 360 version, but is now presented to the general Steam audience.
Mushihimesama Futari will be priced at $19.99 and will also support 1 and 2 player local co-op. Can’t wait for this!