Remember that teaser image that Arc System Works had displayed on their twitter page? Well they’ve finally come clean and the title that was hidden under all that “Steam” was none other than an updated version of Battle Fantasia, which they are now calling Battle Fantasia Revised Edition.
So for those who guessed right, Kudos to you!
The combination of 3D models and 2D fighting game mechanics used in Battle Fantasia paved the way for games like Guilty Gear Xrd and Street Fighter IV. Its open and inviting artwork combined with a easy-to-learn system makes it an ideal fighting game for newcomers and experts alike.
Battle Fantasia Revised Edition Features
- Improved graphical fidelity and exciting new camera angles during special attacks
- Features all of the balance changes of the latest arcade version
- Battle through twenty-four story lines with twelve fully-voiced characters each with their own special moves and attacks.
- Six modes of play including Story Mode, Time Attack, Survival and more!
- The Steam version comes with the original soundtrack as downloadable content
- Available for $14.99 with a 10% launch discount.
For more information please visit the official website: http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/steam/battlefantasia-re/en/, or the Steam store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/356910
Hopefully this trend will continue and maybe, just maybe ArcSystemWorks will give us Guilty Gear Xrd on the PC next. Pretty please!