Geez Sony, by the time all this is done, you won’t have anything to show off at E3 2015. Recently several new items for the upcoming PlayStation 4 Ratchet & Clank title have been released, mainly the E3 trailer, a game play video and the release date & pricing. Releasing during Spring 2016, Ratchet & Clank PS4 (tentative title) will launch along side the animated Ratchet & Clank animated movie, which is being launched on April 29th, 2015. Right after PAX East 2016!
So what can we expect?
• RATCHET COMES TO PS4: Ratchet & Clank (PS4) takes a deeper look at the characters’ origin stories and modernizes the original gameplay, featuring new planets, new boss fights, flight sequences, and more – all constructed to take advantage of the power of the PS4.
• THE GAME, BASED ON THE MOVIE, BASED ON THE GAME: Ratchet & Clank (PS4) will launch for PlayStation 4 in Spring 2016 alongside the animated film of the same name. The film, featuring a star-studded voice cast, will be released by Focus Features in the United States on April 29, 2016.
• THE GANG’S ALL HERE: Romp around the Solana galaxy with the beloved cast of characters – Ratchet, Clank, Captain Qwark and the dastardly Chairman Drek, as well as many brand-new characters to the franchise.
• NEW GAMEPLAY, WEAPONS AND STORY: Ratchet & Clank (PS4) combines the signature platform adventure gameplay and humor the franchise is known for with new narrative details, planets, gameplay sequences, bosses and weapons.
– From the brand new Pixelizer (which transforms enemies into explosive 8-bit pixels) to franchise favorites like the dance-party-inducing Groovitron and wise-cracking robotic bodyguard Mr. Zurkon, Ratchet & Clank’s arsenal has never been better.
And there’s the 8 minutes of sweet gameplay footage (Thanks to SuperNormalMode). Loving that Pixelizer gun, especially the effect it gives when it connects. This looks damn good and I thought we were seeing Insomniac Games at their A game with Sunset Overdrive, but this… this takes the cake.
It’s been a while since I played a Ratchet & Clank title, so of course I can’t wait and by I, I mean we can’t wait. Right? I guess in the meanwhile I’ll just go and replay Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus while we wait for Spring 2016.