Lovely Planet, which can be summed up as a speed running game disguised as a FPS, is making it’s way over to the Xbox One. I actually had the pleasure of getting some hands on with the title during PAX East 2015 and well I kind of got my ass handed to me but it was fun while it was happening. It’s a cute yet incredibly challenging game, make no mistake about it. It also has a pretty decent soundtrack, especially good for fans of great video game music.
So yeah, the Xbox One is getting this gem of a title and then some. The Xbox One build will benefit from months of tweaking thanks to the feedback from the fans of the title and even advanced controller support which includes lock-on functionally, something that the PC title recent received.
So why should you pick up Lovely Planet? Well you shouldn’t need a reason, but since you asked I have 7 of them for you.
- The most authentic First Person Shooter experience, a game of jumping and shooting
- Hundred levels to master, five worlds to discover, one faraway destination
- Learn and practice each level to earn stars and set world records
- Search for multiple secrets hidden deep within each world
- Precise Gun Ballet at a flawless 60 frames per second! (conditions apply)
- A story so abstract, it’s not told at all – you won’t know what hit you
- Original Soundtrack by Calum Bowen
Expect to see the Xbox One version released in a few months and until then, why not pick up the PC version on Steam? It’s only $5.99 and it’s totally worth it. Speed running, platforming in a first person view, you got to play it to experience it!
For more info on Lovely Planet, be sure to check out the official website @ http://www.quicktequila.com/lovelyplanet.html