While Overwatch came out of no where and yes we know that bits of it are from the now scraped “Titan” project it seems that the title has been for the most part received really well. This is quite suprising since no one outside of those at Blizzcon have had hands on with the title, but I suppose that’s the magic and power that Blizzard possesses. That said what exactly do we know about Overwatch? Let’s discuss:
- 6v6 objective based FPS matches that are set in stages/areas across the world.
- No death match here.
- There are four types of roles that characters are spec’d for; Offense Defense, Support and Tanks (meat shields).
- Set in near-future earth and will feature iconic world landmarks.
- Beta is set for 2015, sign up at www.playoverwatch.com.
- Each character has their own specific abilities and each map will allow them to showcase those abilities.
- Currently set for a PC release, consoles haven’t been ruled out but main focus is the PC for now.
- 12 heroes currently announced with more to be released with more to come in the future.
- While the game shares some similarities with Valve’s Team Fortress 2, Overwatch is actually progressing a completely different direction.