I consider myself to be a huge Transformer buff, seriously ask me any question regarding their history or the name of some obscure Transformer and I’ll likely have the answer. So as you could also probably imagine I was never a a big fan of the redesigned from Michael bay’s reboots. Yuck, get them away form me, especially those sorry excuses for
Dinobots…er, legendary warriors.
And I REALLY dislike Optimus Prime’s look! How could you do that to Prime, it’s freaking OPTIMUS PRIME for crying out loud!
However once in a while something comes along from the Transformer universe that makes me go “HOLY SHIT”, something that makes me take my wallet and throw all my money at my monitor. Something like Hot Toys “Optimus Prime (Star Scream Version)”.
Yes, Yes, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes friends, this is the real deal Optimus Prime and damn does this look good. Standing at just under 1 foot tall, this incredibly detailed statue of Prime is perhaps the best looking one I’ve seen in a while. And that’s including a lot of Primes, including the Masterpiece Optimus Prime from Takara, though that one does transform and is more of a toy.
But fair warning, this statue isn’t cheap and comes rocking a $344.99 price tag. Yes I know you could get a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One for fifty dollars more, but it’s Prime.
So what does what does that price tag get me?
I’m glad you asked, cause $350 is a lot of money. So as I mentioned before the statue is just under 1Ft tall. On top of that the statue includes a pair of Starscream’s wings (I hope he ripped him off him while he was alive), (2) arm rifles, (1) Cannon, diorama statue base which includes an Autobot logo. Not to mention the paint job features battle damage and distressed effects, it really looks like he just got back from a battle.
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Optimus Prime from THE TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 1
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Over 36 points of articulations
- Special features on armor:
– LED-lighted eyes (white light, battery operated)
– Chest can be opened to reveal LED light-up Matrix of Leadership (white light, battery operated)
– One (1) pair of palms with movable fingers
– Metallic red, silver, yellow and blue colored painting on armor with distress effect
– Embossed Autobot insignia on left shoulder
- One (1) cannon
Two (2) rifles, mountable on shoulder or forearm
- One (1) pair of wings
- One (1) set of wheels mountable on figure’s back
- Two (2) back mounting accessories
- One (1) rocky ground diorama base with Autobots logo
So yes it’s a pretty penny to get your very own however if you’re a Transformer buff and you can afford it then this is for you. Besides it’s not where as near expensive as this one and a whole lot better looking if you ask me.
If you’re interested, head on over to Sideshow Collectibles website to throw down your money or to get some more info on it. And yes I did order mine, though the wife wasn’t too happy about that!
Run Keith, run!
Source: Sideshow Collectibles