I don’t know about you but I hate the infamous gaming drought that spans through Spring and Summer, then having a huge selection of games on multiple platforms releasing in the later portion of the year. In my case I’m referring to the month of October in perticular, that bastard of a month for gamers. But I’m sure you’re saying “Why’s he complaining? More good games is a good thing, right?”.
Well sure, but at what cost?
Seriously there’s just way to many good (well hopefully they’re good) coming out in October that unless you have a either a disposable income or already started saving or even paid some if not all of the titles already, it’s going to turn into an exercise of which games do you want the most or which games are going to have time to play.
Don’t believe me? Just take a look at what’s coming in October alone;
- Super Smash Bros. (3DS) – October 3
- Skylanders: Trap Team (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U, Wii, 3DS) – October 5
- Alien: Isolation (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, PC) – October 7
- Dragon Age: Inquisition (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, PC) – October 7
- Driveclub (PS4) – October 7
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, PC) – October 7
- NBA Live (Xbox One, PS4) – October 7
- NBA 2K15 (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, PC) – October 7
- Project Spark (Xbox One, PC) – October 7
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (PS3, 360, PC) – October 14
- Raven’s Cry (PS4, PS3, 360, PC) – October 14
- Battlefield Hardline (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3, PC) – October 21
- The Evil Within (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3, PC) – October 21
- Evolve (Xbox One, PS4, PC) – October 21
- Fantasia: Music Evolved (Xbox One, 360) – October 21
- Samurai Warriors 4 (PS4, PS3, Vita) – October 21
- Civilization: Beyond Earth (PC) – October 24
- Assassin’s Creed Unity (Xbox One, PS4, PC) – October 28
- Lords of the Fallen (Xbox One, PS4, PC) – October 28
- Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One) – October 28
- WWE 2K15 (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3) – October 28
Among that list there are 9 games (IE: all the games that i’ve bolded) that I want to play which turns out to be roughly $500.00 in games so unless I want to incur the wraith of my wife I’m going to have to trim that down to an acceptable number…. perhaps just 4 or 5. And that’s not even including the few titles I”ll end up getting in September (Destiny: Ghost Edition and Forza Horizon 2).
So yes gaming is damned expensive at times but you know something, it’s also a great time to be gamer regardless of which platform you’re gaming on. Though perhaps I should bait my time and pick up some of those titles I so eagerly want at a better time, say Black Friday perhaps.
Well except if you’re gaming on a WiiU.