The specs for UBisoft’s upcoming title, Watch Dogs, have appeared on the net, though it hasn’t been confirmed if these came from Ubisoft or not. I know a lot of gamers, including myself, were wondering about these for a while and now that I see them wondering if we’re starting to see the result of the Playstation 4 and Xbox One consoles being based on a x86 architecture. As you’ll notice in the specs, the cpu’s are either a Quad-core or 8 Core.
Now before you start going upgrade crazy, keep in mind that these specs may or may not be 100% correct. The higher end specs on paper would kill just about any CPU and to make matter worse, Intel doesn’t make an affordable 8 core cpu and while AMD does, the performance or those CPU’s aren’t much better than the current Intel i5/i7 offerings.
- Operating System: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8
- Note that we only support 64 bit OSs.
- DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM Dual Layer
- Hard Drive Space: 20 GB
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
- Internet: Broadband connection required for Service and Multiplayer mode
- GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM
- CPU: Quad core
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM
- CPU: Eight core
- RAM: 8GB
- GPU: Latest DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM or more
- CPU: Latest Eight core or more
- RAM: 8GB or more
PC specs were found at Playground.ru.
If these specs are true then at the very least these could be the nail that’s driven through the hearts of all Dual-core cpu owners.