Last week, controller maker Hori revealed the Tekken 8 Fighting Commander Octa for PC. Not to be outdone by the Hori Tekken 8 Fighting Stick Alpha revealed in September, the Tekken 8 Octa seems to only be for PC for now. This seems to be a variant of the current model of the Fighting Commander line, which had its’ SNES start in 1992. It serves as an alternative way to take on those tough runbacks with non-arcade stick way.
The Tekken 8 Fighting Commander Octa comes with a special “Jin and Kazuya” graphic to symbolize the very rivalry that’s been a part of the series – and Bandai Namco logo – for a good while. According to Hori, this is what the Octa is packing.
- Wired tournament-grade fight pad designed for fighting games and more for Windows PC
- Top-quality components for accuracy and durability, including microswitch buttons
- Six-button layout, accurate D-Pad, analog slide pad for in-game navigation
- Short throw left analog stick with 8-way gate for increased accuracy and execution speed
- Officially Licensed by Bandai Namco
The Tekken 8 font is also used for the graphics. Even Katsuhiro Harada of Tekken approves of this awesome take on the Hori Fighting Commander Octa.
…… 売り切れてました。。。。。。。 https://t.co/ta8suoypP9
— Katsuhiro Harada (@Harada_TEKKEN) December 9, 2023
“Recommended for pad lovers!” — Harada stated.
However, he had some bad news to go with that for anyone shopping on the Rakuten site.
“…It was sold out. . . . . . .”
Luckily, this version of the Fighting Commander Octa is still available for preorders on Amazon’s US site($59.99). The Hori will come out on January 26th – the same day as Tekken 8’s release. The Xbox and PS4/5 versions of the Octa are available now, and we think it’s amazing. It’s definitely an awesome alternative to just sticking to the pad.