Today, during Capcom’s TGS 2022 showcase, the company revealed that it would host a Street Fighter 6 Closed Beta in October. This closed beta will be available for the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC (Steam). This beta closed beta will begin on October 7th and end on October 10th, 2022.
To apply for access to the Street Fighter 6 Closed Beta, head over to the Street Fighter 6 website. However, during the reveal, the website has been flooded and wasn’t working properly. I suppose everyone wants access to that beta, including myself. After a while I was finally able to sign-up, so don’t give up!
Judging from what Capcom has revealed, this beta is going to be beefy. Here’s what this closed beta will include access to:
- Eight Playable Characters – Luke, Jamie, Ryu, Chun-Li, Guile, Kimberly, Juri, Ken
- Playable Stages – Metro City Downtown, Genbu Temple, Carrier Byron Taylor, Tian Hong Yuan, The Macho Ring and Training Room
- Avatar Creation – You can customize your avatar that appears in the Battle Hub when you play the game for the first time.
Please note that you cannot save or load avatar recipes, or remake your avatar during the Closed Beta.
- Available Features – Cross-platform play, Control types (Modern/Classic), Commentary (Play-by-Play Commentators: Vicious/Tasty Steve/Aru/KOSUKE HIRAIWA | Color Commentators: James Chen/Demon Kakka), CFN (Fighters List/Replays/Rankings), Online match Fight Request function, Battle tutorials, Battle settings, Photo mode
- Ranked Match Mode
- Casual Match Mode
- Battle Hub Match – The match will begin when both you and another player sit down at a battle cabinet. You can go into Training Mode while you wait for a match. You can also spectate while others are playing.
- Open Tournament
- Extreme Battle The rules and gimmicks of Extreme Battle change every day. You can enter Training Mode while you wait for a match or spectate while others are playing.
- Game Center – Enjoy the classics once again in this area. This is single-player content that changes daily. You can also spectate while others are playing.
- Training Mode
The aim of the closed beta test is for us to monitor the play experience of participants, identify any potential issues, and then address them in order to improve the quality of the game.
As such, it is possible that errors may occur during the test that cause the game to freeze or close during gameplay.
The test sessions will use a version of the game still in development. As a result, we cannot guarantee a smooth gameplay experience. Please bear all of this in mind when taking part in the test.
A survey for feedback to be shared with the development and operation teams will be sent out to everyone who participates in the closed beta test.
We would really appreciate if all of the closed beta test participants answer the survey as fully as possible.
Note: Please understand that not all requests and suggestions provided through the survey will be implemented.
Street Fighter 6 is coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows PC via Steam, and Xbox Series X|S in 2023.