Crunchyroll, in collaboration with Aniplex, announced today that the eagerly awaited anime adaptation of the Korean manhwa sensation, Solo Leveling, will make its global debut on Crunchyroll’s streaming platform on January 6, 2024 and will reach viewers across 200 territories.
Crunchyroll describes Solo Leveling as follows:
Over a decade has passed since a pathway called a “gate” which connects this world and another dimension suddenly appeared, and people with superhuman powers called “hunters” have been awakened. Hunters use their superhuman powers to conquer dungeons inside the gates to make a living, and Sung Jinwoo, a hunter of the lowest rank, is considered the Weakest Hunter of All Mankind. One day, he encounters a double dungeon, a high-level dungeon hidden inside a low-level one. In front of a severely wounded Jinwoo, a mysterious quest window pops up. On the verge of death, Jinwoo decides to take on the quest, which makes him the only person who can level up.
Asa Suehira, Chief Content Officer at Crunchyroll, expressed excitement about the project, stating, “At Crunchyroll, we are always looking for innovative ways to connect our audience with captivating stories from around the world. Solo Leveling is a groundbreaking series that has captured the imagination of fans globally, and we are thrilled to be part of the journey to bring this extraordinary manhwa to life as an anime. Our collaboration with Aniplex symbolizes our commitment to delivering high-quality, diverse content that resonates with our viewers.”
The anime series Solo Leveling is adapted from the best selling Korean web novel written by Chugong, which was later adapted into a webtoon and manhwa in 2018, with illustrations by DUBU.
Solo Leveling is animated by acclaimed A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online), with motion graphics by Production I.G (Attack on Titan, PSYCHO-PASS). The series is directed by Shunsuke Nakashige (Sword Art Online). Additional staff credits include music by Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan) and TOMORROW X TOGETHER (K-pop band), character design by Tomoko Sudo, and monster design by Hirotaka Tokuda.
Japanese voice cast and characters:
- Sung Jinwoo voiced by Taito Ban
- Yoo Jinho voiced by Genta Nakamura
- Sung Jinah voiced by Haruna Mikawa
- Cha Hae-in voiced by Reina Ueda
- Choi Jong-in voiced by Daisuke Hirakawa
- Baek Yoonho voiced by Hiroki Touchi
- Go Gunhee voiced by Banjo Ginga
- Woo Jinchul voiced by Makoto Furukawa
English voice cast and characters:
- Sung Jinwoo voiced by Aleks Le
- Yoo Jinho voiced by Justin Briner
- Sung Jinah voiced by Rebecca Wang
- Cha Hae-in voiced by Michelle Rojas
- Choi Jong-in voiced by Ian Sinclair
- Baek Yoonho voiced by Christopher R. Sabat
- Go Gunhee voiced by Kent Williams
- Woo Jinchul voiced by SungWon Cho
- Lee Joohee voiced by Dani Chambers
Dubs for Solo Leveling will also be produced in other languages, with premiere dates to be announced later.
Source: Press Release