The Killer Instinct 10th Anniversary Stream came and went in the form of a Twitch live stream with some notable hosts today. It has been a decade since the Killer Instinct Xbox One was released, which was the cause to celebrate. Double Helix started, and Iron Galaxy continued the game’s development post 2015, with 2017 being the year it last received heavy updates and new modes.
FGC folks @TheKeits, Lead Designer of S2, S3 of Killer Instinct and Dive Kick, and @sajam broke down some of the balance changes with specific characters and bug fixes per run, buffs, nerfs, hitbox changes, and additional special move and normals properties. Jago’s meatier LP uppercut, for one. TheKeits mentioned that the balance changes were to get everyone to a level field. Jago’s walk speed has changed, and a few updates to his Instinct Mode properties.
Shadow Bar and Instinct Modes were some of the new mechanics for the Killer Instinct Remake. Instinct Mode compliments individual character playstyles and enhances based on that. The two breaks went on for about an hour, highlighting the notable changes between characters. 10 characters get the balance pass treatment, with Windows Central housing it in text form.
There were key points about the merch and versions of the game:
- Killer Instinct Definitive Edition would be sunset in favor of the Killer Instinct Anniversary Edition – which comes with all 29 characters, premium content, holiday updates, VIP Double XP boosters and “more”.
- The Base Game, with one free rotating character per week, will be opened to all 29 fighters. Eyedol is the flavor of the week this round, for instance.
- The mature content from Definitive Edition will not be available in the Anniversary Edition. |
- The Free rotating character Base Game and Anniversary Edition will be the only versions left.
- The Definitive Edition App, with several extras such as Killer Cuts soundtrack, the developer interviews, and Killer Instinct 1 and 2 classic games, will not be available for purchase. Previous owners will be able to get them via download.
- EightySixed and Killer Instinct Collaboration merch has been brought back and is on sale. Keychains, T-shirts, and pins are available, at discounted prices, for four days at the time of this writing. Some designs are refreshed.
Killer Instinct(Remake) is currently available on Xbox Series X | S and Steam. The Anniversary Edition has yet to have a release date.