Crunchyroll announced that they are launching two new exclusive titles on Crunchyroll Game Vault—the new membership perk delivering unlimited access to premium mobile titles for Crunchyroll Mega and Ultimate Fan members. Today, Ponpu and Yuppie Psycho level up the lineup alongside an upcoming Developer Portal giving studios a direct line to the team building an incredible curated library of games for anime fans.*
Crunchyroll Game Vault gets a bit more scary and puzzling! Survival horror is on the agenda with the mobile debut of survival horror title Yuppie Psycho. Super-slick 2D action puzzler game Ponpu will also explode onto mobile devices for the first time. Both are available starting today.
“Crunchyroll Game Vault’s latest titles, coupled with the upcoming One Punch Man: World launch on January 31, mark the beginning of a tremendous year for gaming at Crunchyroll. Throughout 2024, we will work with developers to bring more games to mobile for the first time and bring new features to existing hits,” said Terry Li, Executive Vice President of Emerging Business and General Manager of Crunchyroll Games at Crunchyroll. “Our Developer Portal is another step in our commitment to working with developers eager to bring games to Crunchyroll’s fans.”
Crunchyroll’s new Developer Portal will make it easier for creators around the world to engage directly with the publishing team building Crunchyroll’s lineup of curated titles especially for anime fans. Developers and publishers can submit in-progress projects, launched games, and more for consideration as part of Crunchyroll Game Vault’s growing library of games.
Available to play with no ads or in-app purchases, Crunchyroll Game Vault’s growing library of premium titles, including River City Girls, Behind the Frame, inbento, and more, can be found on the App Store, Google Play and Crunchyroll in more than 200 countries and territories. New fans can sign up or upgrade to a Crunchyroll Mega or Ultimate Fan membership to nab their own vault key to enjoy games and stream over 24,000 hours of anime.
Crunchyroll Game Vault’s lineup of premium mobile games is a new offering for Premium Members that complements the growing library of titles published by Crunchyroll Games, the interactive division of Crunchyroll dedicated to free-to-play anime game experiences, including Street Fighter: Duel, My Hero Academia: The Strongest Hero, and the upcoming One Punch Man: World launching on January 31.
Inspired by the classic action puzzle gameplay, Ponpu takes the concept in a new direction, adding new mechanics and features while packaging it in super-slick, hand-drawn graphics.
Play through the epic single-player campaign where you’ll face off against some of the coolest boss fights you’ve ever seen, in a race to defeat the almighty Duck-God and to stop him from resetting the universe.
- A fresh take on a classic game concept
- An epic campaign with massive bosses
- Deathmatch – The Last Ponpu standing wins!
- The most epic egg-based arsenal ever witnessed!
- Intuitive touchscreen controls as well as full support for game controllers
- Supported Languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Portugues, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Simplified Chinese
Ponpu Launch Trailer
Join Brian Pasternack, a young man with no future in a dystopian 90s society, on his first day at one of the world’s largest companies, Sintracorp. Uncertain, unprepared, and massively unqualified, will Pasternack have what it takes to shine in Sintracorp’s hierarchy? It all depends on how he performs on his first assignment… and whether he survives it.
During his unconventional employee orientation, Pasternack discovers what his new job really entails: hunting a “witch” whose powers made the success of the corporation possible in the first place, but who now seems to have returned to torment its employees. Brian will meet all kinds of odd characters, escape from terrible creatures, and unravel the hidden secrets of Sintracorp’s dark past.
- Familiarize Yourself with Your Workspace: Use the elevator to discover who’s working and what’s lurking on every floor of Sintracorp.
- Learn Office Protocol: Learn when to chat, when to work, and when to cower in terror from otherworldly beings.
- Engage in Watercooler Conversation: Investigate your co-workers and discover their sordid, blood-soaked secrets.
- Consider your five-year goal: Only you can choose how this story will end, so make your decisions carefully!
- Assess health and safety: Use different light methods to light your path and reveal what is breathing in the dark.
- Conduct a Rigorous Personal Assessment: Find clues, solve riddles, discover new paths – all without letting the Witch catch you!
- Intuitive touch screen controls as well as full support for game controllers
- Supported Languages: English, Spanish-Spain, Korean, Russian, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese-Brazil, Turkish, Ukrainian, Italian, Galician, Simplified and Traditional Chinese
Yuppie Psycho Launch Trailer
Source: Press Release