While there have been several ways to defeat Baldur’s Gate 3 boss, Gerringothe Thorm, located in the Reithwin Tollhouse in Act 2, it seems we’ve stumbled across what perhaps could be the fastest way to take her down. Don’t believe me? Check out the steps and the video below, and let us know in the comments.
When you make it to Moonrise Towers in Act 2, you’ll need to take down several bosses, Gerringothe Thorm being one of them. Usually, people would dump their gold into their camp and then pray they would get the roll of the dice. Failing that, at least with their gold not in their possession, the boss fight would be more manageable. However, you won’t have to fight her in these steps. Instead, you’ll take her down in a few seconds and save your gold and sanity in the process.
Here’s how to beat Gerringothe Thorm with ease.
Before going into the steps, you must have a character with access to invisibility, either a spell or scrolls. Secondly, that character must have access to Thunderwave or have someone in their group who does.
1. Head over to the Reithwin Tollhouse, located in Moonrise Towers in Act 2.
2. Make your way to the second floor of the building. You’ll see Gerringothe Thorm pacing around the room.
3. Use invisibility on whoever has access to Thunderwave.
4. Send that person over to Gerringothe Thorm and wait until she is near the opening that faces outside of the building.
5. Once Gerringothe Thorm is facing toward the opening, use Thunderwave.
6. She will be sent flying out of the building and, after a few seconds, will be sent crashing to her death.
7. Head over to where she landed and loot her body.
This entire process only takes a few seconds, and so far, it is the easiest and fastest way to take down this boss that I’ve found and an easy way to acquire the rare Twist of Fortune Morningstar weapon.
Well, enjoy the new kill method, and enjoy Baldur’s Gate 3. I sure am, and way more than I figured I would.
Baldur’s Gate 3 is available on the PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.