The “Attack on Titan” (Shingeki no Kyojin) anime, whose first episode aired in 2013, has established itself as a cult classic worldwide. The series has already sold over 110 million copies (September 2022 figures).
Fans have finally discover the conclusion of the “Final Season”: episodes that were all the more eagerly awaited as this final season began airing in December 2020! The final episode, which was scheduled for November 4, 2023, has been on everyone’s minds for three long years: it is the highlight of Hajime Isayama’s shōnen manga.
An event that has inspired the Grissini Project, an ensemble of classical musicians specializing in music for images (music for anime, video games and films).
Currently filling theatres with their tour of Miyazaki’s most beautiful film scores, the Grissini Project is releasing a new album: “Attack on Titan: Requiem”, an orchestral production based on cult tracks from the series.
It was released on November 2 through a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign, offering fans exclusive rewards.
To celebrate the evocative strength of the Attack on Titan manga, the Grissini Project has pulled out all the stops.
This brand-new production was recorded in Stockholm’s Konserthuset, a legendary concert hall also known for hosting the Nobel Prize ceremony.
It is a production featuring 125 musicians and choristers around a symphonic suite for soloists, chorus, piano trio, organ and orchestra. It is entirely dedicated to the music of Hiroyuki Sawano and Linked Horizon for Shingeki no Kyojin, arranged and orchestrated by Simon Nebout.
Up to December 5, fans will be able to buy the CD or vinyl preview of the album, while enjoying exclusive rewards:
- A “Shinzo wo Sasageyo” collector’s music box, limited to 25 copies only, with a VIP dinner-concert experience and meeting with the soloist and conductor;
- A collector’s pack, limited to 150 copies, dedicated to an Attack on Titan faction of your choice, including a collector’s vinyl with 180g marble finish and selective ink, and the opportunity to inscribe your name on a dedicated page in the booklet included with the vinyl;
- Behind-the-scenes photos;
- Fan names inside the album;
- Collector’s booklet with 2 exclusive signed artworks, including an A3 square print of the exclusive artwork;
Source: Press Release