In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge, you must use every move at your disposal to triumph in its beat-em-up gameplay. From slide kicks to super jumps, we’ve got you covered on the entire move list that’s available in the game. Let’s kick some shell.
The move list consists of many different moves that can be used at peak strategic times. Here is the rundown:
This list was created with the Xbox One/Xbox Series controller in mind. When playing on the PlayStation DualShock or DualSense, or Nintendo Switch, use this legend.
DualShock/DualSense: X = Square, Y = Triangle, A = X, B = Circle
Nintendo Switch: X = Y, Y = X, A = B, B = A
- Walk = moving right or left with the thumb stick or D-Pad)
- Run = Double-tap in either direction.
- Jump = Press X or A, depending on your control method.
- Super Jump = Double press the cross button or A quickly to get a super jump.
- Backflip = Avoid attacks in an instant by pressing the circle button or B.
- Attacking = Strike opponents down with the square button or X.
- Combo Attack = Perform a basic combo by pressing square or X four times in a row.
- Back Kick = Go backwards with the D-Pad or thumb stick and then press square or B.
- Grab = Go up to the enemy without attacking.
- Shoulder Throw = Run up at the enemy and then go backwards and forwards with the square or B button.
- Fling Toss = To fling opponents towards the screen, just like the good ol’ arcade days, press down on the D-Pad or thumb stick and press the attack button.
- Fling Slam = To throw your enemy into the ground, go up on the D-Pad or thumb stick and press the attack button.
- Heavy Swing = Hold down the attack button for one second and then release it, letting your turtle use an AoE spinning motion with their weapon.
- Rising Attack = Use an uppercut by pressing both the square and cross buttons together, or X and A on Xbox. This move has invincibility frames, so be sure to abuse it.
- Dive Attack = Utilize a short dive kick from the air by pressing square or X.
- Shoulder Bash = While running, press the square button (or X) to charge an opponent off their feet.
- Somersault Slice = Double jump in the air and then press square for a large vertical slice in the air.
- Flying Attack = While backflipping, press square or X to do a cool impact from the air.
- Sliding Attack = Skid among the floor by pressing X or A as you’re running.
- Escape Roll = Go backwards or forwards and press circle (or B) while you’re getting hit.
- Wakeup Roll = Move forwards or backwards and press circle (or B) while you’re knocked down on the ground.
- Super Attack = Press triangle or Y to utilize your super attack. They vary depending on the character you have chosen. Leonardo does a spinning blade motion that’s effective at taking out multiple goons.
- Super Dive Attack = Press triangle or Y while you’re in the air. This becomes unlocked at Power Level 3(story mode only).
- Super Flying Attacks = Press triangle or Y as you’re making a backflip or roundoff. This unlocks at Power Level 6 (story mode only).
- Taunt = R1 or RB to taunt your foes. Taunting will also fill up one level of your Super Attack, though it will leave you vulnerable for a few seconds.
- Radical Mode = At maximum Ninja Power of three bars, you’ll utilize radical mode by holding the R1 or RB button. For a limited time, your strength will increase. This is unlocked at Power Level 8.
- Cheer Up – At the cost of two health points, you can help a friend in battle.
- Reanimate – Restore a downed ally from the ground by holding the L1 or LB button.
- Sandwich Attack – This is a team attack that occurs when two of your party are on each side of the enemy.
- Tubular Spin – Connect with a dive attack, and your friend will perform a tubular spin.
- Homerun Swing – If a friend is keeping an opponent up in the air, use the square or X button to perform a homerun swing. This is a great combo move between players.
- Find Your Player- When playing either solo or multiplayer, press the L1 trigger, and an arrow will appear above your character. This way, you can find yourself during the chaos.
Thankfully, as you master these moves, you can team up with your friends across all of the game’s platforms, including Xbox, PlayStation, PC, and the Nintendo Switch. You’ll have next to no excuse to party up and say “Cowabunga” together as you defeat the Foot Clan.