Valve’s Steam Deck has brought portable PC gaming to the forefront, and now everyone wants one. Of course, what good is a Steam Deck without games to play? Today, Sega and Atlus revealed a number of games that have been verified for play on the Steam Deck.
This list of verified games includes some classics and some amazing fun games; all of them are 100% playable on the Steam Deck… or your PC if you don’t have a Steam Deck (yet).
These games include the following;
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania: Bounce, tilt, and roll your way across hundreds of delightfully crafted levels and mazes in order to stop monkey mad scientist Dr. Bad-Boon from blowing up Jungle Island!
- Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Hinokami Chronicles: Follow Tanjiro as he faces demons in order to turn his sister Nezuko, who has become a demon, back into a human.
- Persona 4 Golden: Become intertwined in the coming of age story that sets the protagonist and his friends on a journey kickstarted by a chain of serial murders.
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon: Take on the role of Ichiban Kasuga and get ready to crack some underworld skulls in this dynamic RPG combat set against the backdrop of modern-day Japan.
- Yakuza 3 Remastered: Kazuma Kiryu, the Dragon of Dojima, has earned his retirement, but a deadly power struggle forces him to walk the streets of Kamurocho to escape his past for good.
- Yakuza Kiwami 2: Kazuma Kiryu, the Dragon of Dojima, must face the ambitious Ryuji Goda, the Dragon of Kansai, in an all-out war between two rival yakuza clans.
- Yakuza Kiwami: Experience SEGA’s critically-acclaimed entry that started a legend with Kazuma Kiryu, an up-and-coming yakuza who takes the fall for the murder of a crime boss, who emerges from prison ten years later to a changed world.
- Yakuza 0: Fight like hell through 1980s Japan as junior yakuza Kiryu and Majima in an experience unlike anything else in video gaming.
- Valkyria Chronicles: Follow a hero named Welkin, and his fellow soldiers of ‘Squad 7’ in their fight against the invasion of Gallia and the Empire’s attempts to unify the continent under its power.
- Valkyria Chronicles 4: Commander Claude Wallace and his childhood friends set out to fight in a desperate war, but bone-chilling blizzards, waves of imperial soldiers, and the godlike powers of Valkyria stand between them and victory.
- Vanquish: PlatinumGames’ revolutionary sci-fi action shooter compels players to battle legions of future-tech enemies using a vast arsenal of weapons, including all DLC features.
- Sega Bass Fishing: Explore the exciting sport of Bass fishing! Based on the Dreamcast hit, motor out to eight different fishing locations to catch the biggest and baddest Bass possible.
- Alien Isolation: Discover the true meaning of fear in Alien: Isolation, a survival horror set in an atmosphere of constant dread and mortal danger.
- Castle of Illusion: Mickey Mouse returns to star in Castle of Illusion, a fantastical reimagining of the Sega Genesis classic.
- Crazy Taxi: Barrel through traffic packed streets, hurdle off parking garages, and Crazy Combo your way to Crazy Money in a wild frantic race to scare up the most fares. In Crazy Taxi, time is money, and only the Craziest Cabbies come out victorious.
- Puyo Puyo Champions: Easy to learn, tough to master! Jump straight into fast-paced puzzle action with features fit for both friendly rivalries and competitive tournaments in Puyo Puyo Champions.
- Puyo Puyo Tetris 2: Japan’s beloved puzzle game series Puyo Puyo and the world-renowned Tetris® game franchise have teamed up to deliver even more Puyo-popping and Tetrimino-clearing fun.
- Shining Resonance Refrain: Play as Yuma Ilvern and stop the Empire from exploiting the power of the ancient dragons, realize your destiny, save Astoria, and unleash the strength you’ve always had locked away.
While not mentioned in the updated list, there are a few other favorites such as Streets of Rage 4, Sonic Generations, Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed, and Sonic Lost World, all which work on the Steam Deck without any issues.
Now, I don’t know about you, but the thought of playing either Persona 4 Golden, or Yakuza: Like A Dragon while chilling in my backyard is a great way to pass the time away.
As for the Steam Deck, Valve has stated that it has ramped up production and shipment of its portable PC. I recently took possession of mine last month, and it’s been an interesting experience, that’s for sure. Some good, some bad, but I do enjoy the device so far. In addition to this, updates for the devices are being released with each passing day, all of which have helped make the Steam Deck that much better.
Welcome to Q2! We've just sent out the first set of order emails to Q2 reservers (in order of reservation time). Starting today we're ramping up Steam Deck shipments, and will be sending more order availability emails every week. Sometimes even twice a week! pic.twitter.com/54TAoCQXfd
— Steam Deck (@OnDeck) April 4, 2022
Have you preordered a Steam Deck? Or do you Already own one? If so, let us know what you think about it so far in the comments.