Another challenger enters the arena as Quake Champions made its way to Steam Early Access and Bethesda.net on Tuesday.
The Early Access version, currently priced at $29.99, remains a “work-in-progress,” but it is said to be a robust, feature-rich multiplayer game. The final retail price will be $39.99 upon release, and Quake Champions Closed Beta participants can still access the game in free-to-play mode, but only on Bethesda.net. The free-to-play version will release to the public at a later date.
Purchasing the Early Access version of Quake Champions will also give access to “The Champions Pack” which includes:
- All 11 current Champions, including Ranger, Visor, Scalebearer, Nyx, Anarki, Clutch, Sorlag, Galena, Slash, BJ Blazkowicz from id Software’s Wolfenstein, and the new DOOM Slayer
- All future Champions, including at least six additional Champions expected to release before the end of 2018, and any that follow
- An exclusive Early Access skin for series diehard Ranger, available only during the Early Access period for Champions Pack players
- Three Reliquaries (loot chests containing three in-game items for profile, Champion, and weapon customization, like skins, shaders, nameplates, and more)
Quake Champions Early Acess includes:
- Eight Arenas: including two incredible new Arenas, Church of Azathoth and Tempest Shrine.
- 11 Devastating Champions: including the new Champion, DOOM Slayer, from id Software’s hit game DOOM.
- Four Brutal Modes: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, 1v1 Duel, and the new 4v4 team-based mode, Sacrifice.
- Improved New Player Experience: New players can learn the ropes with a new movement tutorial, shooting gallery, and the ability to choose a skill level.
- Tons of Customization Options: for Champions, Weapons, Profiles, including new skin sets and weapons shaders.
- Custom Games: allows players to create and invite a party into a game and set specific win conditions for each mode and map. Custom Games are only available via the Champions Pack.
- New Systems that Reward Frequent Play: including Rune Challenges, where players are rewarded for completing challenges found in backpacks, and the Lore System, where players can collect “Lore Items” from Arenas for a specific Champion and by collecting them all, earn a high-end skin for that Champion
- In-Game Voice Chat