Fellow King of Fighters and Skull Girls fans, I have some bad news for the both of you. The King of Fighters 13’s release date is being pushed from October 25th to November 22nd of this year. At least they gave us a new trailer to help tide ourselves over.
Honestly, there’s not too much reason to be moaning and bitching, it’s only an extra month!!
Yesterday on the Skull Girls website, Peter Bartholow posted that the game will be released in early 2012. This is somewhat ambiguous on the time frame, as the release can be anywhere from January thru March of 2012. Don’t fret, because with more time in development, the game will boast even more additions then had it been released this year.
The list of new addition follows:
- Gameplay speed changes – 10% faster!
- Lots of new effects and overall presentation improvements
- Upgraded backgrounds to 3D
- Additional music from Michiru Yamane
- Requested color palettes
- Accidental pause prevention option – hold Start for 15 frames to pause
- PlayStation 3 custom soundtrack option
- Button macros to help when playing on a pad
- Innumerable balance and gameplay tweaks
- In-game art galleries
All of these additions to Skull Girls is appreciated and I personally hope they will be displayed in the next few months with new video footage.