HOLY SHIT!! At the Sony Playstation E3 2018 Press Conference we got a nice showcase trailer for the upcoming Resident Evil 2 HD Remake, complete with a release date.
The showcase, not to be confused with the announcement trailer that was also released, shows all the Zombie gore that Resident Evil fans have been wanting from this legendary game remake. In the showcase we got to see the return of Leon and Clare from the original game along with zombies, Lickers and the Tyrant known as “Mr X”. There are also a few easter eggs in the showcase like the inclusion of a Playstation One console as well as a plague rat from Resident Evil Outbreak. You can see the showcase below as well as the announcement trailer.
One of the major improvements that was noticed in the Showcase trailer is the inclusion of a BATHROOM inside the Racoon Police Department building… For those of you who do not understand, there are no bathrooms in most of the Resident Evil games till Resident Evil 4. It’s good to see CAPCOM trying to make a game where buildings are up to code.
In a press release sent to The Outerhaven not too long after the reveal, CAPCOM Producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi said the following about the trailers.
“The press and fan reaction to Resident Evil 2 when we said ‘We Do It’ in 2015 has been overwhelming. We’ve been very eager to unveil the new game to the world this week. We want fans to see the reimagining of Resident Evil 2 not only captures the magic of the beloved original, but also expands it to deliver a richer experience. The first look at E3 is just a taste of what’s to come.”
CAPCOM notes the following gaming overview about the remake:
The genre-defining masterpiece Resident Evil 2 returns, completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience. Using Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 offers a fresh take on the classic survival horror saga with breathtakingly realistic visuals, heart-poundingly immersive audio, a new over-the-shoulder camera, and modernized controls on top of gameplay modes from the original game.
In Resident Evil 2, the classic action, tense exploration, and puzzle solving gameplay that defined the Resident Evil series returns. Players join rookie police officer Leon Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield, who are thrust together by a disastrous outbreak in Raccoon City that transformed its population into deadly zombies. Both Leon and Claire have their own separate playable campaigns, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspectives. The fate of these two fan favorite characters is in players hands as they work together to survive and get to the bottom of what is behind the terrifying attack on the city. Will they make it out alive?
The game boasts features such as:
- A spine-chilling reimagining of a horror classic – Based on the original PlayStation console release in 1998, the new game has been completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience.
- A whole new perspective – New over-the-shoulder camera mode and modernized control scheme creates a more modern take on the survival horror experience and offers players a trip down memory lane with the original gameplay modes from the 1998 release.
- Terrifyingly realistic visuals – Built on Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 delivers breathtakingly photorealistic visuals in 4K whilst stunning lighting creates an up-close, intense and atmospheric experience as players roam the corridors of the Raccoon City Police Department (RPD).
- Face the grotesque hordes – Zombies are brought to life with a horrifyingly realistic wet gore effect as they react in real time taking instant visible damage, making every bullet count.
- Iconic series defining gameplay – Engage in frenzied combat with enemies, explore dark menacing corridors, solve puzzles to access areas and collect and use items discovered around the environment in a terrifying constant fight for survival.
- See favorite characters in a whole new light – Join rookie police officer Leon S. Kennedy on his first day in the job and college student Claire Redfield, who is searching for her brother amidst a terrifying zombie epidemic.
- Step into the rookie shoes of both heroes – Enjoy separately playable campaigns for both Leon and Claire, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspective.
Attendees at this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo (Los Angeles, June 12-14) can get an early preview with the first hands-on demo opportunity for Resident Evil 2 at Capcom’s booth. There, they can experience a completely new take on one of the most iconic moments in the Resident Evil franchise – joining Leon on his first day on the job at RPD as he explores the station for clues on how to make it out of this nightmare alive. Hopefully this means that some sort of demo for the public is not too far away; since the Playstation Network store already has a Pre-Order listing available containing the following bonus items for the Deluxe Edition as well as Pre-Order Bonus:
Digital pre-order bonus:
- Deluxe Weapon: ‘Samurai Edge – Chris Model’
- Deluxe Weapon: ‘Samurai Edge – Jill Model’
- Resident Evil 2 Special Theme
The Deluxe Edition contains the main game and the Extra DLC Pack which includes the following items:
- Leon Costume: ‘Arklay Sheriff’
- Leon Costume: ‘Noir’
- Claire Costume: ‘Military’
- Claire Costume: ‘Noir’
- Claire Costume: ‘Elza Walker’
- Deluxe Weapon: ‘Samurai Edge – Albert Model’
- ‘Original Ver.’ Soundtrack Swap
Speaking of not too far away, Resident Evil 2 is set to release on Playstation 4, Xbox One & Windows PC worldwide on January 25, 2019. So not too much longer before we get this remade masterpiece into our own hands. For more on Resident Evil 2 and other games announced at E3 2018, keep freshing The Outerhaven E3 Hub for the latest news, notes and more from the event.