On this week’s brand new episode of The Cine-Analyst, we look at everyone’s favorite teen in tights, Spider-Man, who has already had three cinematic portrayals in less than twenty years, only rivaled by Batman and Superman. But Spider-Man’s got some problems and they’re not just teen angst. A dead uncle, trying to protect all of New York City, constantly being forced to sacrifice for the greater good take a lot on even mature adults. There’s only so much web-slinging you can do before you get caught in your own trap.
Here’s what we talk about this episode:
- With great power comes great acne (and some responsibility)
- You can’t always get what you want but when you do, it’s terrible
- Nothing like a dead uncle to remind you that you’re selfish
- It’s hip to be square, and Parker is the squarest of all
- Why is one teenager in New York the one all the super villains are connected to?
Tune in every Friday as I breakdown fictional characters and talk about what’s going on inside that brain of theirs. Are your favorite heroes crazy or just misunderstood? Find out on this season of The Cine-Analyst!