As previously stated by Respawn Entertainment, all DLC for Titanfall 2 would be free for the duration of the title’s life. We’re now getting more information regarding the first round of DLC – dubbed “Angel City’s Most Wanted. The DLC will be released as of November 30th, 2016.
Included in the update patch:
- Angel City map: A fan favorite map from Titanfall 1 is reborn for Titanfall 2. (Available on December 3rd if you did not pre-order Titanfall 2.
- Wingman Elite Pistol
- Titan Kits: Get more customization for your Titan with these all new kits.
- Ion: Refraction Lens – Splitter Rifle splits 5 ways
- Scorch: Scorched Earth – Flame Core ignites the ground, leaving thermite in its wake
- Northstar: Threat Optics – Enemies are highlighted while zooming in
- Tone: Burst Loader – Aiming allows the 40mm to store up to 3 shots to burst fire
- Legion: Hidden Compartment – Power Shot has two charges
- Ronin: Phase Reflex – When doomed, Ronin phases out of danger
- Pilot Execution: Inner Pieces – Phase into an unsuspecting victim
- Stats screen
- FAQ menu
- In-game store
Respawn Entertainment is quick to point out that while this DLC will include an in-game store, it will only feature cosmetic items. There is no in-game currency, no loot boxes, no crafting or pay-to-win weapons.
“We will have no in-game currency exchange. No locked loot boxes, crafting shards or pay-to-win weaponry. No RNG. If you see something you like, you buy it and that’s it,” Respawn wrote in the blog update.
“These in no way effect stats and are purely cosmetic. We will have two Prime Titans available at launch. They have new chassis and assassinations but function the exact same way as their original counterparts.”
As someone who hasn’t been a fan of in-game stores or buying items that provide an in-game advantage, I’m all for this and applaud Respawn Entertainment for this decision. We’ll be back once the DLC receives and talk about it after we’ve had some time to play around with it.