Despite a virtual global ban on (and criminalization in the US of) the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, there are some users who refuse to return the unit to Samsung. Even after Samsung limited charging rates, several carriers are now remotely blocking the device from connecting to mobile networks.
Stuff reports that by November 18th, all carriers will block the devices, with Samsung’s blessing. It is also very likely that other countries will follow suit.
Telecommunications Forum chief executive Geoff Thorn said while most of the devices had been returned, it estimated there were still a few hundred in the hands of Kiwi consumers […]
‘Samsung Note 7’s won’t work on any of New Zealand’s mobile networks after November 18. Numerous attempts by all providers have been made to contact owners and ask them to bring the phones in for replacement or refund.’
That being said, if you haven’t returned the phone as of yet, what are you waiting on?