Lightweight, nimble, powerful and easy on the wallet. Those typically aren’t words that you normally associate with a gaming headset. However, Kingston HyperX is keen on changing that with their newly announced HyperX Cloud Stinger headset.Weighing in at 275 grams, and featuring a 90-degreee rotating ear cups and 50MM directional drivers, the Cloud Stinger will make a splash in the gaming community crowd. And, unlike most headsets, the Cloud Stinger is compatible with just about every gaming platform out there; PS4, Xbox One, PC, Wii U, Smartphones and most mobile devices.
“HyperX makes some truly great headsets, so when I tried out HyperX Cloud Stinger, I didn’t expect anything less,” said Gordon Hayward, professional NBA basketball player and avid gamer. “The sound quality is great. Whether traveling during the season, watching others battling it out online, or playing at home, HyperX Cloud Stinger is an all-star headset in its price class.”
“Building on the success of HyperX Cloud Gaming Headsets designed for gamers of all skill levels, including professional eSports athletes, our new Cloud Stinger brings our quality to all players, no matter their budget or expertise,” said Lawrence Yang, business manager, HyperX. “The Cloud Stinger rounds our line of Cloud Gaming Headsets to deliver consumers a broader range of premium in-game audio for gaming, music, entertainment, and more.”
Did I mention that it also comes in at a low price point? This baby is priced to move at $50. Like I said, light weight, nimble, powerful and easy on the wallet. The Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger is available in stores now.
See full details of the Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger headset below.
• Lightweight Design – Minimal weight for enhanced comfort
• Audio Precision – Optimal audio performance and sound quality
• Adjustable Steel Slider – Long lasting durability and stability; high-quality build
• Intuitive Volume Control – Easily accessible volume slider to adjust audio on the headset
• Noise-Cancellation Microphone – Clear voice quality; conveniently flip the microphone to mute
• Multi-Platform Compatibility – Enjoy comfort and enhanced audio experience on PC or console; plug into a mobile device2 and wear the headset on the go
• Driver: Dynamic, 50mm with neodymium magnets
• Type: Circumaural; closed back
• Frequency response: 18Hz-23,000Hz
• Impedance: 30 ?
• Sound pressure level: 102 ± 3dBSPL/mW at 1kHz
• T.H.D: ? 2%
• Input power: Rated 30mW, Maximum 500mW
• Weight: 275g
• Cable length and type: Headset (1.3m) + Extension Y-cable (1.7m)
• Connection: Headset – 3.5mm plug (4 pole) + extension cable – 3.5mm stereo and mic plugs
• Element: Electret condenser microphone
• Polar pattern: Uni-directional, Noise-canceling
• Frequency response: 50Hz~18,000Hz
• Sensitivity: -40 dBV (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)