The new Hearthstone patch is live which includes some new tweaks to Arena mode as well as some new card backs, but the interesting bit is that the Priest class will finally be getting an alternate hero in Tyrande Whisperwind. How to obtain her is not yet known, but the official patch notes state that it will be from an upcoming promotional event. Some speculation is that it will have some ties to BlizzCON which is right around the corner.
The official notes for the new Hearthstone patch are as follows:
- The Welcome Bundle has arrived! Purchase this one-time only bundle to receive 10 Classic card packs and a random Classic Class Legendary!
- Added the new Priest Hero: Tyrande Whisperwind. You will be able to add the new Hero and a new card back to your collection by participating in an upcoming special promotion.
- The following card backs have been added:
- Tyrande – Acquired via a special promotion
- Legion – Acquired by achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play for September 2016
- Pie – Acquired by achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play for October 2016
- A few deck recipes have been updated.
- Certain cards will no longer be selectable in the Arena.
- If you accept a Friendly Challenge while editing a deck, your deck-building progress will now be saved.
- Resolved an issue that could cause gameplay to slow down after using the new Adventure restart feature.
- Golden C’Thun and Mounted Raptor can now be crafted or disenchanted.
- Medivh’s Valet can now be properly crafted or disenchanted.
- Fixed some audio, graphical, and UI issues.
The Welcome Bundle is available to everyone and not just new Hearthstone players, to douse any confusion.
New Card Backs
The first card back is Pie and will be the reward for ranked play for October, the second one is called Legion and is the reward for ranked play for September and the final one is Tyrande and will be available with the new alternate Priest hero.