Sony’s latest and greatest update for the PlayStation 4, version 4.00, has arrived. We’ve provided a highlight of some of the key enhancements provided via this update.
- HDR support for all PlayStation 4 models.
- Updated UI and improved notifications.
- New folder creation functions for arranging game and application placement.
- Twitter video time increased to 140 seconds.
- 720p/60FPS streaming for Twitch, DailyMotion and Youtube.
- A new transfer function that lets you transfer game saves, accounts and games across your home network to another PlayStation (perfect if you’re upgrading to the PS4 Slim or PS4 Pro).
- Ability to see details for hidden Trophies
Just start up your PlayStation 4 and download the update, or head here to download the file manually. Sadly, the ability change your name still hasn’t been added, sorry folks.
For a full list of patch notes for update 4.00, see below:
Main features in version 4.00 update
The following system screens have been redesigned, and usability has been improved.
- [What’s New]
- Content info screens
- The Share menu
- Player profiles
You can now access various features more easily by using the quick menu that appears when you press and hold the PS button. Here are some of the things you can now do from the quick menu:
- Create a party for players who are gaming with you, or send messages to them.
- View trophies for the game you are currently playing.
- Check if your Friends are online.
- Start Share Play, or start a broadcast of your gameplay.
- Control music playback.
- Customize the quick menu by selecting which items are displayed. To choose items, select [Customize] from the quick menu.
You can now choose a cover image for your profile. On the profile screen, select(Options) > [Change Cover Image].
Create folders to arrange your games and applications. On the home screen, focus on a game or application, press the OPTIONS button and then select [Add to Folder].
You can now transfer all your games, saved data, captures, and settings from one PS4 to another. This is useful if you’re replacing your PS4 with a new one. Select(Settings) > [System] > [Transfer Data from Another PS4].
In(Live from PlayStation), you can now let players know you like their screenshots and video clips by commenting on them or selecting(Like).
In(Messages), the number of messages that are saved has increased. Also, if you start messaging and then add more players to your group, those players will now be able to see the group’s previous messages.
The following features have been added to(Trophies).
- You can now see details for hidden trophies. Go to the details screen for a trophy, and then press the button.
- You can now view trophies that are saved on your PS4, even if the PS4 has no network connection.
- The rarity indication for trophies has been improved.
Privacy settings are now available for each of your games. You can hide your activities and trophies on a per-game basis. Select(Settings) > [PlayStation Network/Account Management] > [Privacy Settings] > [Sharing Your Experience] > [Hidden Games].
(Communities) is now displayed on the function screen. Also, the following Community features have been added.
- You can now reply to original posts on the Community wall.
- Use the Share menu to post screenshots directly to a Community wall. From the Share menu, select [Screenshot] > [Communities].
Other features in version 4.00
- If you need to enter text while using Remote Play, you can now use the connected computer’s or device’s keyboard.
- YouTube™, Twitch™, and dailymotion™* now support broadcasts in 720p (at 60 fps).
- A notification message now appears to let you know that your Friend request has been accepted.
- In(Notifications), it is now easier to manage your downloads. Items are listed in the order they will be downloaded. If you want to quickly start downloading an item in the list, select it, and then select [Download Now].
- When you report inappropriate content, you can now add a comment about it.
- *Only verified partners can use this feature with dailymotion.